You will be staying in a new residence on campus called Ponderosa Commons (2075 West Mall). Here are some key points to keep in mind before you arrive:
- Check-in time is anytime after 3:00pm at the front desk of Cedar House, 2075 West Mall. The front desk is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you arrive early on May 14th, ask to store your luggage at the front desk.
- Check-out time is by 11:00am. Luggage storage is available; please inform the Front Desk agent at check out. Please note: no overnight luggage storage is available.
- You will have access to the following amenities:
- Private kitchen (cutlery, plates, pots and pans, toaster, oven, stove top, soap, sponge/dish towel), coffee maker
- Shampoo (2-1), soap, body wash
- Guest rooms are equipped with high-speed VoIP phones that allow for complimentary calls within North America (excluding Alaska and Hawaii), 1-800 access, and incoming calling. Each guest suite is equipped with complimentary wireless internet through the ubcvisitor wireless network, which is also available for use in the Commonsblock and around campus.
- Laundry machines are located on the ground floor. The machines are operated by laundry cards which can be obtained at the Front Desk for a $5.00 cash deposit. Credit can be added to the card in $5.00 increments using a machine in the Commons block. Each load will cost $1.25 to wash and $1.25 to dry. Balances remaining on laundry cards cannot be refunded.
- Daily housekeeping service: towels, bed linens and bath amenities are provided.
- Parking is located at the West Parkade, about a 5 minute walk from Ponderosa Commons. Guests can pay for parking at the front desk. If they are staying more than 3 days, it is worth it for them to go through UBC Parking Services to purchase a week’s parking pass (https://parking.ubc.ca/community-parking).
You can view photos and a fuller description of Ponderosa here: